2019 Date Coming Soon
The Fifth Annual SC Aerospace Conference and Expo is calling for applications for the 2018 Aerospace Innovation Pitch Competition. In addition to winning seed funds and having the opportunity to showcase innovative ideas in aerospace technology and engineering, winners will have an opportunity to participate in the University of South Carolina’s NSF Innovation Corps (I-CORPS) program which includes mentoring, educational workshops and more. Learn more at www.uscicorps.com.
- Submit an application and executive summary of your idea to TASTEWAL@mailbox.sc.edu by noon on September 14, 2018.
- Finalists will be announced and contacted by September 21, 2018.
- Finalists will be required to prepare a five-minute long presentation that introduces the innovative idea and includes:
- The people behind the concept
- The problem it addresses
- Details of the solution presented
- The potential customers
- The target market opportunity
- Any potential competitors
- Final presentations will be made before a panel of judges during the SC Aerospace Conference and Expo on October 9, 2018.
- Judges will offer feedback on each pitch and select winners immediately following the pitch competition on October 9, 2018.
The SC Pitch Competition is open to aerospace or engineering professionals, entrepreneurs and small-business owners, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate or undergraduate students with a relevant background in aerospace engineering and are enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Topics may include but are not limited to: materials, manufacturing, robotics, data science, and supply chain.
Finalists will make their final pitch before a panel of judges representing the following education partners:
Matthew G. Carpenter
PHILPOTT BALL & WERNER Investment Bankers
KUKA Robotics Corp.
Faculty Director, McNair Institute for Entrepreneurism and Free Enterprise
Clinical Assistant Professor, Management
Clinical Assistant Professor,
Department of Management Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina