Call for Posters
The SC Aerospace and Expo is calling for abstracts for the research and innovation poster competition. The poster competition provides an opportunity to showcase recent developments, demonstrations of new applications or techniques, upcoming research challenges, future directions and novel approaches in an aerospace related field. Winners are recognized during the evening event on Wednesday August 30th.
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
- PhD candidates and Postdoctoral researcher
- Industry young professionals (under 35)
Why should you apply?
A limited number of candidates will get the opportunity to display their posters in the exhibition hall at the 4th annual SC Aerospace Conference & Expo. If you are selected, you will be able to:
- Showcase your work;
- Get visibility for your work from a large audience;
- Discuss your work during the exhibit hall with the audience;
- Get connected to peers and experts in your field;
After the conference, your poster will be displayed electronically on the conference’s website and physically on one or more locations in Columbia that will be announced in a later stage.
Candidates are invited to submit a poster related but not limited to the following aerospace areas below:
- Automation, Manufacturing & Robotics
- Advanced Composites Materials
- Additive Manufacturing
- Digital Transformation of Industries, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things
- Other relevant aerospace areas
The poster presentations are judged on a number of factors:
- Introduction, background, and objective
- Description of Materials or Methods
- Impact on cost, quality or other requirements
- Significance to Industry
- Conclusion and recommendations
- Organization of the poster content
- Graphical support of content
- Visual display
- Oral presentation and responses to jury’s questions
How to Submit Your Poster
An abstract of 500 words describing the work that you want to present on the poster. The abstract will be used by the jury members to evaluate and may be used for marketing purposes. Abstract needs to be submitted electronically as PDF accompanied via the online submission form below. Abstract submissions without the form will not be considered. Complete the form below to enter.
Judges from industry and academia will select outstanding entries. The jury members will be announced shortly.
- Due date for online submission: July 31st
- All candidates will be contacted by August 11th
- Candidates must hold a 5-minute presentation during lunch break on August 30th
- Winner announcement during conference evening event August 30th. Candidates must attend the conference to receive the award.
Selected candidates will be able to showcase their poster at the expo hall on August 30th. Please bring your poster in size h=44.5” x w=91” and be prepared for a 5-minute presentation for the jury. Posters will be mounted horizontally.
Candidates will need to pay registration. Please register through our website when selected.
Tanja van Tooren, e-mail email@example.com.